We and our third party partners use technology such as cookies on our site. This is to give you a better experience, analyse how you and other visitors use this website and show you relevant, tailored advertisements. By using this website you agree to the use of cookies. You can read our Cookies Policy using the link in the footer of this page.

Accept cookies

Legal guide to UK motoring, sections for law enforcement, Driver licensing, learner and new drivers, buying and selling, speeding fines, owning a vehicle, wheel clamping, traffic information.

MOT of adapted vehicles

Custom controls are not inspected as part of the standard MOT test, so it is essential to have your controls regularly maintained and checked. Take your vehicle to a reputable garage, your control manufacturer or an adaptation specialist to have the adaptations inspected when the vehicle is serviced.

A list of hand control and adaptation specialists is available from the Mobility Advice And Vehicle Information Service (MAVIS) but please note that inclusion on this list does not infer approval by the Department For Transport.

Modified vehicles

If your vehicle has been extensively adapted it may require a Single Vehicle Approval test (SVA). Any mopeds, motorcycles or 3-4 wheeled motorised bikes that are adapted or constructed for disabled use are however exempt from type approval, so do not need to be tested.

The SVA test is undertaken by the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA). If you are in any doubt you should contact MAVIS for advice or your local SVA test station.


Privacy | Cookie Policy | Terms & Conditions | Contact Us | Google+        © 2019 UK Webwise.com Limited