Mobility Advice and Vehicle Information Service (MAVIS)
The Mobility Advice and Vehicle Information Service (MAVIS) helps disabled and elderly motorists make informed decisions about their own mobility needs.
MAVIS is part of the Department for Transport. It provides practical advice on driving, vehicle adaptation and suitable vehicle types for both drivers and passengers.
Assessments, advice and information from MAVIS includes:
- driving ability assessment including advice on car adaptations and the opportunity to test drive a range of vehicles
- driving ability assessment (learner) for people who are concerned about learning to drive, who have problems with driving tuition or who have learning difficulties
- advice on van adaptations for high tech solutions
- advice on car adaptations
- an opportunity to try out a specific adaptation
- advice on vehicle access
The centre also has facilities to measure your strength, steering force, reaction times and other important factors. A full written report is provided for most of the assessments.
Telephone: 01344 661 000
The Motability Scheme
The Motability Scheme can help you with leasing or buying a car. It provides a number of alternative ways of obtaining a vehicle at an affordable price.