We and our third party partners use technology such as cookies on our site. This is to give you a better experience, analyse how you and other visitors use this website and show you relevant, tailored advertisements. By using this website you agree to the use of cookies. You can read our Cookies Policy using the link in the footer of this page.

Accept cookies

Legal guide to UK motoring, sections for law enforcement, Driver licensing, learner and new drivers, buying and selling, speeding fines, owning a vehicle, wheel clamping, traffic information.

How to tax your vehicleVehicle TAX ratesWhen and where to applyApply for a refund on your vehicle taxTaxing Vehicles OnlineDocument checklistHow to obtain a free disabled tax discVehicle tax expires while you are abroadDeclare SORN

Document checklist for your vehicle tax application

Your application to tax your vehicle will not be accepted if you do not produce or complete the required documentation or payment to support your application form V10, V85, V11 or V85/1. This checklist will help ensure you have the correct documentation for the type of vehicle you are taxing.

All documents should be original; photocopies or fax copies are not acceptable to accompany your application.

For all vehicles

For cars and motorcycles

For light goods vehicles

For other vehicles

Plating and testing queries

If you have any questions on plating and or testing, please contact:

The Vehicle and Operator Services Agency, 91-92 The Strand, Swansea, SA1 2DH. Telephone: 0870 606 0440.

Changes to engine size or fuel type

If there has been a change to the cylinder capacity or the fuel type of the vehicle which will affect the amount of vehicle tax payable, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency will need to know. Details of what you need to do can be found on the link below gives.

Privacy | Cookie Policy | Terms & Conditions | Contact Us | Google+        © 2019 UK Webwise.com Limited