We and our third party partners use technology such as cookies on our site. This is to give you a better experience, analyse how you and other visitors use this website and show you relevant, tailored advertisements. By using this website you agree to the use of cookies. You can read our Cookies Policy using the link in the footer of this page.

Accept cookies

Legal guide to UK motoring, sections for law enforcement, Driver licensing, learner and new drivers, buying and selling, speeding fines, owning a vehicle, wheel clamping, traffic information.

Vehicle Insurance


Insurance Information


Insurance Information

Insurance Types of Cover

Policy Cover Two thirds of private motorists have comprehensive insurance. Most of the remainder choose third party fire and theft, with a small proportion taking out more limited forms of cover.

Third Party This covers:

1: Liability for injuries to other people, including passengers.

2: Liability for damage to other people's property.

3: Liability of passengers for accidents caused by them.

4: Liability arising from the use of a caravan or trailer, while attached to the car. Third Party Fire and Theft As previous plus:

5: Fire or Theft - If your car is not normally kept in a garage at night, theft cover may be excluded or subject to special conditions. There may be an "excess" - a part of the cost of the claim for which you are responsible - following an incident of theft. If you are selling your car make sure you receive proper payment before parting with it. Your insurance policy will not cover your loss if your car is taken from you by deception. Comprehensive As above and previous plus:

6: Accidental damage to your own car. There may be an "excess" - part of the cost of the claim for which you are responsible.

7: A personal accident benefit. Certain amounts are paid in the event of the death or specific permanent disablement of the policyholder - and sometimes his or her spouse or family member.

8: Medical expenses necessarily incurred, up to a stated limit.

9: Loss of or damage to personal effects in the car, up to a stated limit. Source: Association of British Insurers.

Privacy | Cookie Policy | Terms & Conditions | Contact Us | Google+        © 2019 UK Webwise.com Limited